K Rend Silicone TC10 - 25kg
Couldn't load pickup availability
Silicone TC is an organic resin render incorporating a Silicone resin emulsion and an Acrylic resin dispersion in a ready to use render. If applied according to the manufacturer’s instructions it can be used on a variety of prepared exterior surfaces to provide an attractive, low maintenance textured finish.
Silicone TC is a low odour, ready to use organic resin render which is quick and easy to apply and is available in a wide range of colours. It provides excellent adhesion and application properties and, following appropriate preparation, can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Silicone TC is a cement-free render with greater flexibility. Although primarily for external application, Silicone TC can be used internally.
SILICONE TC incorporates the benefits of silicone technology to provide a water repellent final surface which gives excellent protection. The silicone allows water vapour to pass freely through the render whilst allowing the finish to remain weather resistant. Silicone TC contains a biocide to help prevent infection from moulds, yeasts and algae and it has a low susceptibility to soiling and contamination.
- A test panel to check colour and final appearance is recommended
- Backgrounds should be clean, level, dry and free from efflorescence
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass, brick & flooring
- Protect weather exposed surfaces
- The temperature of the substrate and surrounding air should be a minimum of 5oC
- Do not apply in conditions of strong sunshine or wind; do not apply onto damp or frozen substrates
- Allow freshly applied render basecoats a minimum of 14 days before work commences
- Prime walls using Primer TC colour co-ordinated to topcoat and allow 24 hours drying time for primer before applying topcoat
- Stir bucket contents thoroughly using a slow speed A small amount of water can be mixed with the product to achieve the best working consistency
- Apply the product to the thickness of the largest grain size using a stainless steel float; allow to take up slightly. The surface is then rubbed up in a circular motion using a plastic float to create the texture
- Complete continuous surfaces without interruption, working to a wet edge at all times
- Drying times may be prolonged by lower temperatures and/or high humidity
- The fresh render must be protected from rain and from drying too fast
- Product classification according to BS EN 15824:2009
- A water-dilutable product for exterior and interior use. Water vapour permeability: Category V 2;
- Water absorption: Category W 3; Adhesion: 0.65 MPa;
- Thermal Conductivity:
- 10, dry (P=50%) = 0.83,
- 10, dry (P=90%) = 0.93;
- Synthetic resin plaster in accordance with DIN 18558.
- Designation: Coating Material DIN 18558 – P Org 1
- Density: Approximately 1.8 t / m3
- Silicone TC 10 – largest grain 1.0mm; coverage = approximately 1.8 kg / m2
- Silicone TC 15 – largest grain 1.5mm; coverage = approximately 2.5 kg / m2
- Silicone TC 30 – largest grain 3.0mm; coverage = approximately 5.0 kg / m2
- These figures depend on substrate and application technique.