K Rend Primer TC - 15kg
Couldn't load pickup availability
Primer TC is a synthetic resin primer designed for use to prepare masonry substrates prior to the application of a K Rend thin coat topcoat (eg: Silicone TC ). If applied according to the manufacturer’s instructions it can improve the performance of the K Rend thin coat topcoat.
Primer TC is a low odour, ready to use primer which is quick and easy to apply by brush, roller or spray. It is available in a wide range of colours which are co-ordinated to the colour of the K Rend thin coat topcoat.
It helps reduce or equalise excessive suction due to the substrate. Primer TC provides a fine texture finish to ensure improved adhesion.
- A test panel to check colour and final appearance is recommended
- Backgrounds should be clean, level and dry and free from efflorescence
- Mask all adjacent surfaces including windows, sills, doors, timber, glass, brick & flooring
- Protect weather exposed surfaces
- The temperature of the substrate and surrounding air should be a minimum of 5oC
- Do not apply in conditions of strong sunshine or wind; do not apply onto damp or frozen substrates
- Allow freshly applied render basecoats a minimum of 14 days before work commences
- Apply Primer TC by brush, roller or spray and allow 24 hours drying time for primer before applying topcoat
- Complete continuous surfaces without interruption, working to a wet edge at all times
- Drying times may be prolonged by lower temperatures and/ or high humidity
- The freshly primed surfaces must be protected from rain and from drying too fast
Density: Approximately 1.2 t / m3
Coverage: Approximately 0.25 kg / m2 depending on substrate and apllication technique.
Clean tools and equipment with water immediately after use. If product has been left to harden it can only be removed mechanically.
- 15 kg plastic tubs
- The shelf life is approximately one year if stored off ground in original, sealed containers and protected against frost and away from direct sunlight