K Rend K1 Spray - 25kg
Couldn't load pickup availability
New K1 Spray is an easy to use, reliable cement based, polymer modified, self-coloured render, requiring only the addition of water and 10 minutes mixing time. If applied as per manufacturer’s instructions, K1 Spray will provide an attractive, low maintenance finish. K Rend K1 Spray is Kitemarked and CE marked to BS EN 998-1:2010 and also ISO 9001 approved.
K1 Spray is designed for use with most spray machines. It acts as a one coat finish over moderate to lower strength block work. It provides a labour saving application and is cost effective. The self coloured render provides a popular texture finish. This product is also suitable for hand application and can be used on a variety of substrates. Coverage may be reduced if hand applied.
One Coat Coverage:
1.6 kg / mm thick / sq m
One Coat Require:
26 - 32kg / sq m approx. Nominal 16 - 20mm thickness
K1 Spray is normally applied in two passes depending on background conditions and final finish required. It is important that a consistent minimum finished thickness is achieved over the whole surface and that the maximum recommended thicknesses are not exceeded.
- Samples from an extensive range are provided on request, for colour indication only
- A site sample panel is recommended, to ensure the specifier is satisfied with render coloure and texture
- K Rend materials are manufactured from natural products, slight shade variations may occur
- K1 Spray is designed for use with most spray machines
- Add material to the feeding hopper and adjust water supply to achieve the desired Open time - approx one hour
- Add 4 - 5 litres of clean water per 25kg sack
- Do not polish
- Small areas such as quoins and window reveals may be finished smooth
- Use polythene sheeting to protect doors, windows and other features from any over spraying during application
- Using a 12mm or 14mm diameter mortar nozzle, spray K1 Spray directly on to the prepared wall surface to the required thickness of 4 - 8mm
- Level out immediately, using a straight edge, smoothing trowel or float
- Allow the first pass to stiffen before applying the second pass, the time passes being shorter in warm dry conditions, and much longer in extreme wet conditions
Use 8mm or 14mm diameter spray nozzle according to the finish required. The normal recommended finished thickness of most finishes is between 12 - 14mm
- To achieve a textured finish, scraping should take place when the render has set but not The exact timing of this operation will vary according to the weather conditions
- The surface is ready when a thumb impression cannot be made and when the aggregate scrapes easily from the matrix without sticking to the scraper
- Scraping should be done in a tight circular motion, and the surface brushed down with a soft brush upon completion
- All areas must be scraped at the same stage of readiness, as early scraping will result in darker shades and late scraping in lighter shades
- A uniform approach is essential to achieve an even finish
Having scraped the surface level, an ashlar effect may be achieved by cutting into the surface with an ashlar cutter to form grooves.
Leave a minimum 10mm of coloured K Rend between the recessed ashlar cut and the substrate.
- When forming cuts, take care to avoid damaging the arrises by working away from the external corner
- All cuts must be the same width and depth and set out uniformly as required