K Rend HPX Base Coat Render - 25kg
Couldn't load pickup availability
K Rend HPX Base coat is a cement based, highly polymer modified and fibre reinforced base coat. It requires only the addition of water and 5 minutes mixing time. Normally applied in 1 coat as a backing for K Rend finishes or as a trowelled finish for other coatings. It is generally applied manually, but can also be spray applied. HPX base coat is ISO 9001 approved and confroms to BS5262 type II.
K Rend HPX Base is recommended for use 4-6mm thick as part of a thin coat system, due to its outstanding flexibility and resistance to cracking.
K Rend HPX Base is highly polymer modified to provide outstanding flexibility and excellent adhesion onto difficult backgrounds. In some cases, the incorporation of K Rend scrim cloth reinforcement is advised. For work on unusual substrates always seek technical advice.
K Rend HPX Base is fibre reinforced to provide improved resistance to cracking.
- HPX Base can be used over block work masonry or stone backgrounds
- For insulation concrete refurbishment work or any other unusual substrate seek technical advice
- Mix for at least 5 minutes to break down additives
- Add 5-6 litres of clean water per 25kg sack
- Require: 6-9kg / sq m approx. nominal 4-6mm thickness
- If the next coat is to be a K Rend finish form a light key by scratching as per good render practice