K Rend HP14 Base Coat Render - 25kg
Couldn't load pickup availability
K Rend HP14 Base is a cement based, polymer modified basecoat. Normally applied in 1 coat as a backing coat for K Rend finishes or as a trowelled finish for other coatings.
K Rend HP14 Base can also be used as an insulation bedding adhesive as part of a fixing system (with appropriate fixings) for polystyrene insulation boards onto masonry substrates.
K Rend HP14 Base requires only the addition of water and 5 minutes mixing time.
Incorporation of Alkali Resistant Reinforcing mesh may be required. K Rend HP14 Base is normally applied manually but can also be spray applied.
HP14 Base uses “High Polymer” technology for a cost effective enhanced performance onto a wide variety of substrates. For use on unusual substrates always seek technical advice. It is designed as the ideal background for thin coat synthetic resin plasters such as Silicone TC.
- HP14 Base can be used over block-work, masonry or stone backgrounds
- For insulation, concrete, refurbishment work or any other unusual substrate, seek technical advice
- Mix for at least 5 minutes to break down additives
- Add 5-6 litres of clean water per 25kg sack
- Apply by hawk and trowel or by machine
- Bed in mesh if required
- If the next coat is to be a K Rend traditional finish, form a light key by scratching as per good render practice
- Alternatively, float to a flat finish
As Insulation bedding Adhesive
- Apply by hawk and trowel to insulation board in a continuous line around the perimeter and additional dabs in the centre; at least 50% of the board should be covered
- Alternatively apply with a notched trowel over the entire face of the board
- Press the boards firmly onto the masonry substrate
1.8 kg / mm thick / sq m
8-11 kg / sq m approx. nominal 4-6mm thickness